Thursday, February 17, 2011

Google Chrome Cr-48

A few days ago, my Google Chrome Cr-48 arrived at dinner time like a great side dish for life.  Since I didn't know what it was I let me wife open it.  When it was revealed to be the chrome laptop, I told her it was free.  Her reaction, "No way you got a free laptop!" Our amazement lasted a few hours.  I was happy it was charged up so I could experiment right away.


  • Cloud print- check at home (next day at work- check)
  • Posting to facebook- yep
  • Chrome sync- check (apps and book marks)
  • Able to log in to WVU Novell Groupwise online- check
  • Post to Twitter- check
  • Friends jealous- check


I took it to work the next day and it loaded right up and easy sign on to the wifi network at West Virginia University "MountainAir"

First few day feedback:

  • Never knew I would miss the "delete" key, it is backspace in reverse.
  • Mousepad is without buttons- takes some getting used to and highlighting and copying is difficult, haven't mastered it yet. (I bought a mouse today. Not a a knock on the laptop, I just don't like track pads on laptops in general.)
  • Quick start up every time.
  • Auto sleep can be annoying if you leave the laptop for a few minutes but have Pandora or groove shark playing music.


Moving more items online and learning the Aviary suite over the coming weeks. I need to learn how to do graphic and video editing online.

Fingers are crossed that Santa Google will grat my request for 15-20 CR-48 to use with students and faculty at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment