Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some walls today on Chrome OS

Today I encountered two issues on Chrome OS on the CR-48.

First video- Currently Netflix isn't supported but they noted they are working on it.  Comcast Xfinity video player is only set for Windows and Macs right now, not sure if that is a COmcast issue or a Chrome issue.  Other services like YouTube and Hulu work just fine.  I watched the latest episode of Fringe without any issues.

Second- Google Docs drag and drop- There was a website that I wanted to download an excel file from and it downloaded no problem.  I wanted to upload it to Google docs, but the drag and drop feature didn't work in Google docs from the Download window in Chrome. I was able to upload using the browse button in Google Docs. Seems like that UI needs smoothed out to make cloud computing more intuitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment